I have only been back at university for one week and already I have two presentations to give on Thursday and Friday, a mountain of reading to get through and eight hours of workshop time a week for the Brighton Photo Biennial (which a few of us are working at this year), as well as the actual study timetable. The first seminar for one of my modules turned out to be a bit of a surprise: instead of ‘museum studies’ with a curator at the V&A museum, we’re actually going to be studying Ottoman and Islamic art (miscommunication over the module description apparently.) It’s a bit daunting, as I’ve never done anything even remotely related to Ottoman art before (apart from Byzantine art, but we don’t talk about that). However I am keeping an open mind, so if anyone knows any good websites or articles or anything that would be useful for this subject, I would very much appreciate some enlightenment!
- panicinthestudio likes this
- loudwaterfallphoto likes this
- hayabaks likes this
- madwhit said: When I was doing some research on Arabic scripts last semester, I found that the Walters has a fantastic collection of Arabic, Persian, and Ottoman manuscripts. The Met and the Freer/Sackler also have some great resources for exploring
- shiknatnapishtim said: islamic-arts.org/categor…
- jesuskristeva said: metmuseum.org/toah/hi… try that! good luck!
- artmastered posted this